Sean Lowe surprised Catherine Guidici with this 3.15 carat stunner on the Bachelor’s Season 17 finale.
The ring: a 3.15 carat cushion-cut stone on platinum featuring a center diamond set with 164 smaller round diamond
Here’s a little something feminine, delicate and colorful for you this Monday morning. They’re stunning sapphires in halo settings from Garaude Paris’ Jingle collection.
Aquamarine is the March birthstone. It’s a gorgeous pale blue color that looks stunning as part of an engagement ring set.
The folks at Whiteflash.com, and online jewelry store that offers Verragio, Ritani, Vatche rings and more, were kind enough to send us their thoughts on why you should consider buying a custom engagement ring. My own engagement ring is custom made, and I love it to pieces.
When it comes to choosing an engagement ring, the options are seemingly limitless. It’s almost overwhelming. But if you think about it, you really only have two choices: buy off the shelf or go custom.
Now there’s nothing wrong with buying a ring out of thecase at your local jewelry store or online (there are so many gorgeous designer engagement rings), but there are a few great advantages to getting a custom engagement ring.
1. She’ll get a ring that no one else has. Your bride to be is one of a kind, so give her an engagement ring that’s just as unique as she is – something in the world that nobody else has.
2. You can tailor the ring to fit her style. Every girl has her own sense of style and your significant other might not be inspired by what she sees online and in stores. Go custom and you can be sure she receives a ring that matches her style and personality. You will, of course, have to do some sleuthing if you’re planning on making the proposal and the ring a surprise.
3. You can also tailor the ring to fit your budget. This is a big one. It’s a big purchase and money matters. So when you custom design an engagement ring, you have the option select different grades of diamonds, bands and embellishments that fit into your budget.
4. You can let your creativity shine through in the design. If you’re the creative type, building a custom engagementring should be right up your alley. Work with your jeweler to create something truly unique and special.
5. You can add a personal touch to the ring. At the end of the day, it’s about taking that first step towards a lifelong commitment. Why not add a personal touch to it? Incorporate family diamonds or gemstones, engrave the ring or create something symbolic of your relationship.
It can be overwhelming, but it is exciting, especially when you can work with a jeweler who can capture your (and your future fiance’s) style and personality while working within your budget. Best of luck gents!
In honor of Valentine’s day, we give you our favorite heart shaped rings.
Feminine and delicate, this Citrine flower ring in 14k yellow gold features four heart shaped citrines, available at Blue Nile.
You can’t go wrong with a simple, classic ring that shows off the unique cut of the center stone like this Heart Shape Engagement Ring from Tiffany’s.
For something a little more unique and modern, how about this Pave Diamond Heart Shaped Ring from Avianne & Co?
Because sometimes, more is more, especially when it comes to diamonds. We adore Neil Lane’s Heart Shaped Diamond Platinum Ring.
The deep red, the diamond pave setting – it’s bold, it’s romantic and oh so gorgeous. This heart shaped ruby and diamond ring is available at Nathaniel Diamonds
After dating for more than a year, funnyman Jason Sudeikis has proposed to actress Olivia Wilde with what appears to be an round brilliant diamond in a halo setting on a delicate band.